Tuesday, March 22, 2011

No Socks, Nice Legs and the Underwear-less Congregation

I forgot my socks.

Wouldn’t you know it? I know a power meeting with a hospital President and her Chief Operations Officer and I won’t have socks on. I just forgot to pack them.

It doesn’t bother me as Southern boy to wear a coat, dress slacks and loafers with no socks. Everyone that my Dad ever hung around dressed this way. It is a southern thing and back home no one would give this any thought whatsoever.

Sitting in the coffee bar of the Pittsburgh Airport Hyatt I can’t help but notice that everyone else here is wearing socks. Like me they’re dressed for meetings with coats and slacks and stuff except their ensemble is complete and mine is … tanned.

My feet and ankles are sporting a rather nice golden brown and look healthy! I take care of them and rubbed Queen Helene on them last night. They are moisturized. And I’m sporting them proudly by sitting at a high top table with my feet on the legs of a bar stool so that my pants are riding high so that I’m showing off my legs.

Speaking of which, when I did Bar Church the other day as soon as I was introduced by Samuel Adams somebody in the congregation yelled out “Nice legs Preacher!”

I’d never had this happen before preaching a sermon before. Of course it was the first sermon that I’ve ever delivered wearing running shorts (check it out on the Tybee Church Face Book page to see for yourself!). That’s the great thing about Bar Church … it’s laid back and comfortable.

Once I went to a worship service on a nude beach. It was interesting though I don’t remember anything that the woman delivering the sermon said. She looked good though.

And when it came time to pass the peace I recall that it took a really long time! No body seemed to be in a hurry.

I remember my Dad telling me once that whenever I spoke in front of a crowd to just imagine everyone in the audience sitting out there in their underwear. Now that I’ve actually been a part of an underwear-less congregation I have surpassed his expectations.

Wait!

There’s somebody else here wearing no socks!

Damn he’s got some white feet!

Alright! It’s time to get my game face on and be prepared to stick my feet where the sun don’t shine if need be.

I got the feet for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment