Monday, August 15, 2011

Imagine that!

The sun blazes over a water glass ocean ... yellow and commanding ... birthing this day ... and the chance to start over.



The full moon refuses to concede the night ... hanging against a deep sky ... suspended over the dark green marsh grass ... the greenish brown water of the tide is high.



Pelicans fly in V formation overhead ... choirs of birds sing ... a cool sea breeze blows from the south in contrast to this 82 degree morning ... flowers bloom everywhere ... a marsh rabbit waits for us to pass.



Goddess and I make our way to the end of the sad little holy dock. Turning around in slow motion several times I can't help but know to my core ... that I am surrounded by beauty.



This is the first Monday in a month that I'm not traveling or getting ready to travel. I've been across the country twice ... from California to Cleveland and from Alaska to San Juan ... doing the work of taking health care to where it normally doesn't go ... understanding that problems are the same everywhere ... and so are the solutions ... just treat others as you want to be treated ... that's really religion has to say about how to live when you boil it down ... it doesn't matter the religion.



This is a busy Monday though. I have lots to do. So early this morning I start ... in corporate headquarters ... which is on the beloved back deck ... there is a Palm Tree in the middle of back yard ... it makes me laugh ... It has oyster shells making eyes, nose and a Mona Lisa smiling face ... the Palm fawns are the hair ... Saterday I added a coconut bra and a grass skirt ... she looks good!



This continues the re-birthing of my life. The backyard had already been transformed into a garden and someone ... I don't know who ... added a rock while I was gone with the word "Imagine" engraved on it ... it sits between the elephant ears ... underneath the sun and stars on the fence.



A notebook full of my scribbled writing in blue ink is spread before me ... the sea breeze blow them around the beloved back deck giving me my morning exercise as I hop up to retrieve them ... then sit back down to work ... taking a month's worth of notes and turning them into a consice report that hopefully makes a compelling argument ... then the sea breeze picks up again ... and I do it all again. My heart rate is up.



On Friday Chatham County government awarded Union Mission a couple of million dollars to cover the last of things that I did there. As they should have. It was silly cost overruns on building buildings that Union Mission has since given away ... which I do not understand ... but I don't work there anymore ... but we were in partnership with the County to improve health care for the people who live here ... and Union Mission had raised it's share ... and the County needed to raise its share ... Government takes so long ... so a two years after I first approached them ... they approved the check (Thank you Herb McKenzie!).



Whew!



I'm glad that's over.



The Monkees ... of all people ... do one of my favorite songs ... (I know ... and it's not Daydream Believer) ... when they got back twenty years after breaking up ... "That was then, this is now".



And that is my life on this sun and moon dance in the sky at the same time morning. One is setting while the other rises. All things must pass, says the major prophet George Harrison.



So that is the conclusion of my contributions to Union Mission ... for now anyway ... who knows? ... I'm busy saving the world ... from corporate headquarters ... on a beloved back deck ... imagine that.

No comments:

Post a Comment