Thursday, April 26, 2012

Vodka and Rootbeer

We were sitting in the bedroom floor talking about money. Really, it was me talking about money. She just listened. It was both depressing and uplifting at the same time ... which is hard to pull off. To be honest I have more than I deserve and still want ... more. That's a confession. I believe I just accomplished four of the seven deadly sins in one fell swoop ... lust, gluttony, greed and sloth. That's pretty good. I mean if you're going to break them ... get them out of the way. I've also broken most of the Ten Commandments. The last time I counted, I'd broken six. Throw in speeding tickets, parking violations and wishing that several people would just hurry up and go to hell ... my prospects for the after life are likely in jeopardy. Nevertheless, I'm a happy man. I live where I want to live and it drips with beauty, often taking my breath away. I go to the places I want to travel, drink wine, have friends and sleep beside the most beautiful woman. I have a dog who loves me and another who is trying to win me over. I go to the Breakfast Club every single day and most of the time I ride my bicycle. My plants are blooming and ... Neil Young's coming out with a new album, Aerosmith's going on tour and two of the Beatles are still alive. At the same time, like everyone else, I've lost 40% of whatever I'd set aside, work comes and goes, the tire on my car has a slow leak, the weed-wacker's broke and the grass is high. I have no idea what kind of fungus is growing in the corners of my shower ... though its fascinating and changes every single day. I'm out of orange juice. I'm also out of dental floss. I do have Vodka. I wonder if Root Beer goes with Vodka? Well, that's life right? There's the good and the bad. The Ying and the Yang. The checking account with some and the Savings account with none. Angels and Assholes. Serendipitous days and sleepless nights. Good days and bad days and going half mad days. It's alright. It's all gonna be alright, according to Jesus and the major prophet Bob Marley. I whisper a prayer of thanks. Vodka does go with Root Beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment