Thursday, July 23, 2015

Things to do today

There are other places I'd like to be today.

Tybee grows tiresome.

It'd be nice to be back in San Salvador, Bahamas where there's one road that's a circle around the island and the food boat arrives weekly to stock the lone grocery. We stopped at the ATM and I left my card in the machine. The next morning a lady and her daughter stroll up to our tiny chalet and returns it.

"How did you know it was mine?" I ask after inviting them inside and offering drinks on a hot morning.

"It couldn't have been anyone else's," she says matter of factly.

We really fell in love with the place.

Key West, Florida is at the top of Sarah's list of other places to be, another island with lots going for it ... accepting tourists as their own, "Irish Kevin's Pub" is continuous fun, Mallory Square sunsets are a hoot and you can get naked in "The Garden of Eden."

Plus Joey and Bill live there and we love Joey and Bill.

The French side of St. Martin will forever hold a special place in my heart with it's beautiful beaches, friendly people, clothing optional life and lots of friends live there. It's become busy and crowded on the Dutch side and Marigot, the capitol of the French side, is a traffic nightmare but ... you just pull over to the side, find a Lo Lo , order a Dutch Coffee and wait for traffic to clear.

Plus Carlos and Verna live there and Sarah and I were honored to be the first to learn of their marriage over dinner at their house ... and Verna makes the best chicken wings E.V.E.R. ... A.N.Y.W.H.E.R.E.

"Chicken Day" in Puerto Limon, Costa Rica is an absolute must on the "Repeat Bucket List." Strolling into the lone Grocery, Sarah makes friends speaking baby Spanish while I take a number and get in line at the counter. People offer me money for my ticket but I shake my head in English.

Finally making it to the front of the crazy line I can purchase as many live chickens as I want.

They only sell the fresh stuff in Grocery Stores in Puerto Limon not like the frozen stuff here.

Cobh, Ireland makes the list in spite of the cold though it is a seaport that's drop dead gorgeous, has Kelly's Bar, really great museums including being the Titanic's last Port-of-Call.  Plus at 12:01 a.m. on her birthday an Irish Band break into "Happy Birthday" for Sarah and it's something you never forget.

Well, those are the things I want to do today.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment