Thursday, November 24, 2016

An Island Thanksgiving

Sunshine pours through the open windows as I listen to the choir of cicada sings Hymns of Thanksgiving outside.

The Macy's Parade is blaring from the television.

The girls run around in various stages of undress with hair designs by "Pillows".

Sarah's in a great mood because she slept through the night for the first time in months or because it's a family holiday and we're not leaving the house.

Of course this thoroughly pisses off the family who want to meet Che but if home is where the heart is ... sometimes your ass needs to stay there too.

Truth be told ... we're tired.

Sarah's four weeks into the fallacy of maternity leave in the United States and hasn't had a full night's sleep in months ... I'm working six days a week not including the social media gigs I do ... and the girls are sick of school needing to redirect all of the energy and effort into themselves.

So we opted to stay home, greatly irritating our family while immensely pleasing our dogs.

A few close friends are stopping by at some point.

Apparently blessing our decision is none other than God who has given us a glorious summer's day on Thanksgiving.

It's hard to not love God when she gives gifts like this!

I'm having a beer to celebrate and give a Heavenly toast.

The aroma of baking bread fills the house sprinkled with the salt of Sea and Marsh Mud.

Suddenly I'm compelled to wonder which tee shirt to wear with the black running shorts ... a UGA grey one will perfectly compliment the ensemble.

No need for shoes ... even Flip-Flops.

I talk to the kids who are scattered to and fro on the face of the earth and every one wishes everyone the same thing.

The people watching the Macy's Day Parade look awful dancing to lip synched performances.

A giant wave crashes on the pristine sand of Tybee Beach making me smile, reminding me how thankful I am for everything.

I hope you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment