Monday, November 7, 2016

Election Day

Let's see ... write a few sentences? ... stare at the baby? ... or ... at the baby's mother?

There's certainly lots to write about.

Apparently we're electing President ... unless the country collective pukes over the choices, drowning our sorrows in how far we've descended as a democracy.

I'm not certain what we are anymore ... a nation that hates itself.

A nation that hates other nations.

We've become good at that!

And self-righteousness ... damn we're good at it too.

Congress is the epicenter of self-righteousness and it's a shame because it used to be pretty decent democracy.

The fact of the matter is America is a people who no longer care about ... people.

Go to work and see how you're treated.

Employers simply don't care anymore.

When I was a little boy my Mom worked for Mills B. Lane who, started a bank and believed, the best bank has the best people.

To have the best people you have to treat them the best.

And he did!

Mills Lane hosted free family days for his employees at the minor league Ball Park paying for everything, including the beer ... he bought a boat employees used for free if they earned the right ... and he built a cheap vacation wonderland named C'esta for his people.

They worked their asses off for him and the lowly local bank is now Bank of America ... which isn't the same ... no longer caring about anything other than profits, image and fees.

These days people don't care any more.

Companies certainly don't.

And Government just cares about Government.

I find it hard to care who's President.

They're both the same ... one's got a penis and the other's got penile envy ... and whoever's elected will merely attempt to work with Congress ... the house of self serving pricks.

America used to be a land build on the Golden Rule ... "Do unto others as you would have done unto you."

As Nobel Laureate Bob Dylan says, "I used to care but things have changed."

I find myself in the minority.

I still believe in the Golden Rule and do my best to treat others as I know I want to be treated.

It rarely works out that way.

Still ... I believe ... in spite of the scars ... lies ... betrayals ... and ever demanding takers who never give.

After I vote, I'm visiting some dying people, enjoying my fire cracker wife who Satan certainly lusts and holding our baby.

These things are more important to anything else happening on election day.

No comments:

Post a Comment