Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Gripping Heaven

It appears I have come full circle.

I am married with children ... this time little girls who are nuts but ... I adore them and they remind me of the kids when they were little ... and it's a house full of joy.

I'm in charge of a Church no one would go to except something special happens each week ... I don't know how ... but it does ... and when Holiness happens you better get the Hell out of the way.

I'm in a restaurant ... which is exactly where I was last time I was in charge of a Church ... what are the odds?

I'm in trouble because of things I say and write ... get press, lots of reads and lots of reactions ... just like 30 years ago with Louisville Mayor Jerry Abramson called into his office to ask, "Micheal why in the Hell did you say that to the Press?"

It strikes me politicians haven't changed in 30 years.

My hair was long then ... and it's long now ... with a bald spot ... but I like the look and Sarah buys me "product" that ... I don't know what it does but she feels pretty strongly about me using it.

I'm playing guitar again on a regular basis and my voice is strong again and I like that.

"When are you going to write another book?" Jess asks me at the Breakfast Club today.

"I just did," I answer.

"Oh," he says laughing, "sorry."

I hate critics.

But let's be honest ... nobody cares about any of this.

Robin Wheeler got a ring.

I assume it was Mr. Handsome who gave it to her.

I've hugged Mr. Handsome and let me tell you ... it was pretty heavenly.

I know they're in Heaven.

But I'm in Heaven too.

I was reading the other day that when you have dishpan hands it's because your hands wrinkle to grip things better.

I'm just sitting here waiting on Sarah to get home.

So I can get a grip.

No comments:

Post a Comment