Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Worst I've Ever Done

No person is defined by the worst they've ever done.

We've all done "worst" we'd just as soon forget.

And the funny thing is we do ... until we're reminded sometimes.

And there are those who do define me by the worst I ever did.

It's very tempting to name names but ... they're not important.

They're right of course ... in one way anyway ... in that I've been at my worst on occasion.

Who's not?

But God people love to judge ... so they do!

I've never met a Judge who didn't become a different person once they slip on the black robe ... immediately cynical ... they deem right from wrong ... for a fee.

They remind me of Clergy who become different people once they slip on their black robes ... or suits with matching ties ... and act like a Judge ... for a fee.

"You have no boundaries," I'm often told, "you say everything. You share everything."

Yeah ... that's true.

I try to live an honest life.

Be transparent about it.

It helps me to get it out rather than hold it in so ... it's sort of selfish.

One day I'll write out the worst things I've ever done and then the best things I did too ... that'll be fascinating ... and hard!

But ...

I've had a slew of messages today from people ... most of whom I don't know ... who gain something out of what I share ... again for purely selfish reasons ... and it leaves me knowing ... with absolute conviction I'm doing the best I know how to do.

I wish I had more time.

I've got a weekly gig at the Nursing Home and ... apparently they missed me last week ... and a Lady in a wheelchair has my guitar tuner on her wheelchair ... and I need it back ... it cost $10  ... and I don't have $10 ... so my guitar's out of tune but her wheelchair is humming ... so I gotta go.

It's a nice day and it would be nicer to sit here and think about my worst and my best ... ah to Hell with it ... I keep trying to do my best ... sometimes it's my worst ... but I keep trying.

What else can you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment